WHO MAY ENTER:
- Anyone over the age of 18
HOW TO ENTER:
- Submit a single image via email with the subject line "Photo Contest" to email@example.com. The body of the email should include: your name, address, telephone number, email address, and photo caption.
- The photo should depict something that distinguishes Brookline. It can feature people, places, and things - in Brookline.
- The number of entries is limited to no more than five per person.
- All entries must be submitted as a high-resolution jpeg or jpg.
- Photos must have been taken within the past year.
- Photos must be taken in the Town of Brookline.
- Deadline for submissions is Friday November 2nd, 2018.
- First Place: A $50 gift card to the Framer's Workshop.
- All entries will be posted on the Chamber's Facebook page. Judges will choose the winning photo, and announce the winner on Facebook.
- If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
- Upon the Town's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide a signed release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, and/or from the owner of any material that appears in the photograph entry, authorizing the Town and its licensees ("Authorized Parties") to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. All releases must be in the form provided by the Town. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification at any time during the Contest and selection of an alternate winner.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in "Release." When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's art. The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph. The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Town, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.
- Finally, upon Town's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide a signed written license from the owner of any private property included in the photograph entry, authorizing any Authorized Party to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. All releases must be in the form provided by the Town. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner
- By entering the Contest, all entrants agree to share the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Authorized Parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Town of Brookline, and their partners, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- The Town of Brookline assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Brookline is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
- By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions on the winners are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if the entrant wins that the Town may use the winning photographs and each winner's name in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law). All federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond within ten (10) days to a winner notification as required by the "Contest Prizes" Rules above, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and the Town, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Town reserves the right to verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant's identity and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the the Town to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST:
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Town that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Town reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If the Town elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, the Town will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs, and will return the fees submitted with each entry.